Save the bees! The beekeeping community is passionate about saving honeybee hives throughout the city. If there is a swarm that needs saving in your neighborhood, or if you know of an established hive that needs removal, please take the time to find a live-bee removal and relocation service in your area! Extermination and pesticides are not options. Honeybees can be safely removed by new urban beekeepers and relocated to community or private bee yards (apiaries).
When you call, make sure to mention:
– The address of the bee colony
– Contact information: name, phone number and email address
– How long the bees have been there
– What is the nature of the colony? In a wall? A tree? A barbecue? The attic?
– What do you see?
– Are you positive that they are honeybees? This will help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characteristics_of_common_wasps_and_bees